NAEYC Accreditation shows that your program is dedicated to standards of excellence for your your educators and children. This elevates your program to a higher standard, which makes the program more appealing to parents and new staff. Learn more about this valuable tool for your program on the NAEYC website HERE.
VAAEYC Accreditation Support
VAAYEC has established an annual subsidy to assist early childhood programs interested in accreditation or re-accreditation from NAEYC. Eligible programs can be reimbursed fifty percent (50%) of the annual amount paid by an early childhood program towards fee of any of the four steps in the NAEYC Accreditation/Re-Accreditation process, annual report fee, or the verification visit fee.
Criteria for selection:
- At least one full-time onsite staff member must be a current member of VAAEYC.
- Awards will be given during the VAAEYC fiscal year (January 1 through December 31). VAAEYC may consider requests for reimbursements for any payments made to NAEYC no more than 3
months prior to VAAEYC’s fiscal year if the VAAEYC budget allows to grant a subsidy. Programs are encouraged to submit their applications for accreditation subsidy as early in the calendar year as possible.
• For example, if you made a payment to NAEYC on October 20, 2021, but you were unable to submit your subsidy application to VAAEYC prior to December 31, 2021, then you could still submit your application by January 20, 2022.
- Once the funds are allocated for a VAAEYC fiscal year, no more awards will be granted for that
Year, so submit your request as early as possible.
- The subsidy will be awarded on a reimbursement basis upon receipt of appropriate
documentation of fees paid, as outlined below.
- Complete and send the current application downloaded HERE to the Professional Development & Quality Circle HERE
- Include proof of payment to NAEYC and a copy of relevant form/application/documentation
submitted to NAEYC with your recent payment.
- Wait for approval or notification from the VAAEYC Treasurer that all funds are allocated for the
current fiscal year.