VAAEYC works with the VDOE to provide information and resources for Early Childhood Educators in Virginia.
Child Care Centers and Family Day Homes
New Resources for Filing Exempt Child Day Programs
The VDOE is pleased to announce two new resources for child day programs that are exempt from licensure under § 22.1-289.030 of the Code of Virginia. The Exemptions Tip Table and Frequently Asked Questions document are now available on the VDOE child care website. Check out these resources today to ensure that your exempt program is fully complying with the statutory requirements. If you have questions regarding exemptions from licensure, please email [email protected]
VQB5 - Virginia's Unified Measurement and Improvement System
VQB5 2023-2024 Participation
All publicly-funded programs that serve children ages birth to five are required by state law to participate in VQB5. VQB5 Registration is now open, with an extended deadline of October 3rd, 2023, due to some initial technical issues.
NEW VIDEO - VQB5 Participation Overview for Program Leaders (16 minutes)
- Contact your Ready Region for VQB5 registration support and CLASS training.
- Questions? Email [email protected]
VQB5 2023-2024 Important Dates and Resources:
- VQB5 2023-2024 Guidelines (approved by the Virginia Board of Education on June 15, 2023)
- VQB5 Registration begins August 15th and closes October 1st! – Please share with all publicly-funded sites that you work with to ensure that they are registered in LinkB5, the VQB5 data system.
- VQB5 Local Observation Guidebook 2023-2024
- VQB5 Local Observer Webinar, August 10th, 1-2 pm -- Register
- VQB5 Practice Ratings User Guide (Practice Year 2 Ratings will be finalized and shared privately with sites in September)
- Virginia CLASS Data Averages – Updated for July 2023