VAAEYC serves Virginia early educators with local public policy support, accreditation support, professional development, and connections.
Thank you to all of the participants, presenters, exhibitors, sponsors, and advertisers at the 2023 VAAEYC Annual Conference in Richmond!
What a joy it was to meet in person. Mark your calendars now to join us in Roanoke next March!
March 14 – 16, 2024
Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, VA
2023 Annual Conference Sponsors
Virginia’s new Unified Measurement and Improvement System (VQB5)
VQB5 is a measurement and improvement system that focuses on the quality of all publicly-funded birth-five classrooms and supports families to choose quality programming across different program types. VQB5 sets shared expectations for measuring quality and supporting teachers for all birth to five programs. Through VQB5, teachers and leaders will receive the feedback and support they need to help young children learn.
By fall 2023, all publicly-funded programs will be required to participate with ratings shared publicly in fall 2024. Early childhood programs that do not receive any public funds will have the option to participate.
VQB5 Resources for Practice Year 2 (2022-2023)
- VQB5 Practice Ratings User Guide
- Practice Year 2 Implementation Guide for Program Leaders
- PD Toolkit for Strengthening Quality
- Ready Region Lead Agency Contact Information (VDOE encourages all improvement partners to connect with their local Ready Regions leaders)
- CLASS Tools and Resources
- Curriculum Information and Resources
- STREAMin3 Overview and Examples
Keep up to date with VQB5 information through the weekly VDOE Readiness Connections e-newsletter.